Join An Amazing Organization!
Since 1966, St. Cloud Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic has been an independently owned specialty clinic located in St. Cloud, MN. We partner with patients to provide exceptional, compassionate ENT care. We work together to provide the absolute best care to each of our patients.
If you are a Licensed Practical Nurse or a Certified Medical Assistant that has allergy experience, you flourish in a fast-paced environment, and you can fulfill our core values of integrity, respect, patient-centered care, teamwork, innovation, open communication and accountability, we would strongly encourage you to apply for this Allergy Nurse/Tech position.
The Allergy Nurse/Technician will generally work between the hours of 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Start and end times may vary based on unexpected delays that occasionally occur at the clinic as well as when assisting at outreach offices.
Essential Job Functions
- Conduct initial patient interview following referral from ENT Physician to include educating patients regarding allergy testing and immunotherapy.
- Follow department policies and procedures pertaining to testing, treatments, and emergencies.
- Schedules and conducts percutaneous and intradermal allergy testing (MQT) as ordered by ENT Physicians; schedules and conducts ongoing immunotherapy.
- Prepare and maintain treatment and mixing boards; monitor for expiration dates.
- Prepare and mix subcutaneous immunotherapy (SCIT) and sublingual immunotherapy (SLIT) following USP 797 guidelines.
- Updates the patient chart with relevant medical data; documents in the EMR all pertinent patient information.
- Document progress of immunotherapy patients, convey concerns to the appropriate ENT Physician, ensure patients are compliant with treatment plan and follow up.
- Responds appropriately in patient reaction situations; informs Triage RN Lead/ENT Physician as necessary to mitigate adverse reaction.
- Comply with all regulatory requirements including OSHA, CLIA and USP 797.
- Process payment and other billing documentation appropriately.
- Office setting is fast-paced and specialized
- Will involve moderate amounts of walking and standing, and repetitive actions in using the computer keyboard and continuous viewing of information on the computer monitor.
- At times, may need to assist with patient’s mobility difficulties, therefore is required to be able to lift, squat, bend, and reach.
Compensation and Benefits Package
SCENT provides a competitive wage and benefits package, including Health and Dental Insurance, company-funded Health Reimbursement Account, company-funded Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability, Long-Term Disability and a generous 401k & Cash Balance Plan. In addition, paid holidays and PTO are provided.
St. Cloud Ear, Nose & Throat Clinic has made a commitment to diversity and inclusion in its workforce and is an EEO/AA employer.
Requirements: Education and Experience
Education: Must have successfully completed an accredited school of practical nursing or obtained certification as a Certified Medical Assistant.
Licensure: Must have current and unrestricted licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the state of Minnesota or current and unrestricted certificate as a Certified Medical Assistant.
Experience: Candidates with at least two years of prior experience in a medical practice preferred. One year of allergy nurse/technician experience is strongly desired.
Key Competencies Required
- Excellent writing, analytical, and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow oral and written instructions
- Ability to work well whether independently or as part of a team
- Ability to be detail oriented while multi-tasking and managing priorities
- Strong organizational skills with focus on tracking patient care and improving patient experience
- Thrive in a fast-paced work environment and efficiently manage daily fluctuation of patient volume
Additional Eligibility Requirements
Must be able to pass the criminal background check and Tuberculosis screening.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $22.00 – $26.00 per hour
Expected hours: No more than 40 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person
If you require alternative methods of application or screening, you must approach the employer directly to request this as Indeed is not responsible for the employer’s application process.